Friday, January 30, 2009

You can't go wrong with pink and brown!


It's one of my favorite color combos! When I first saw this stamp set I couldn't wait to order it and then I got it and was almost stumped with the big flower. I have made some cards with it that I just did not like. Sometimes I even scrapped the flower before it even made it to a card. But, I finally figured out that it looks really nice clear embossed. Atleast, I think it does. The card base is Chocolate Chip with Very Vanilla and then a piece of Close to Cocoa that was run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The bottom half is Pretty in Pink stamped with the Bella Toile BG stamp in Regal Rose ink. The bottom is punched with the Scallop Punch and I added dots to each scallop with a Chocolate Chip marker. The flower from Fabulous Flowers (retired) is stamped with Versamark on Pretty in Pink and then embossed with clear ep. The ribbon is brown with pink stitching, but sorry, I don't remember where I got it. The sentiment is from Elegant Cheer.
Ok, I am taking a poll. Do ya'll like for me to explain how each part of the card is put together with the ingredients listed as I explain or would it be easier to put the ingredients in a list form at the end of the post? I have seen it both ways and like both. Maybe I can mix it up a bit. Do it the other way for one or two posts and let you see the difference. I just want it to be easy for ya'll to read so you'll want to keep reading my blog!
Until next time, Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: