Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Valentine Ornaments


I wanted to make ornaments to decorate a small "Christmas" tree that I have had for a few years. Finally, I made some of the Christmas ornaments from coasters (that post from Decemeber if you missed them) to decorate the tree for Christmas, but wanted ornaments for other seasons as well. I really loved the vintage feel that the other ornaments had and thought that the vintage Valentine images would be great for these ornaments. So these are what I came up with. I printed the images from a free clipart website. They are printed on Whisper White card stock.
For this one, I covered the 4 inch square coaster with DP from K&Company called Smitten Paisley Glitter. The sentiment and label from Cute and Curley is stamped on Whisper White and punched out with the Curley Punch. The image, label and flower are all covered in Iridescent Ice ep. The flower has a Fire Brad in the center and is adhered with a large glue dot. The large brads are covered with ep and the ribbon is distressed by heating with a heat gun.

2 comments:

Mary Anne in NJ said...

BEAUTIFUL, Lori...thanks for sharing...

Ann said...

Hi,
Love the vintage postcard idea made into an ornament. Do you mind sharing the clipart website?
Thanks,
Ann :)
atutje3@sbcglobal.net