Sunday, December 28, 2008

Whew!

We made it through Christmas Day!!! I don't know why we make it so stressful on ourselves. The hustle and bustle, shopping, cooking, on and on. And then it's over, just so quick! I think my biggest problem is that I procrastinate and then I feel hurried to get it all done. I think for next year, I'm going to order stuff online instead of going to the mall or Walmart. After over a month of asking tons of questions Dakota now knows the truth about Santa (and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy), so although it's kind of sad, it will be much easier next year. We have always emphasized the birth of Jesus is what Christmas is all about, but to a small kid it's hard to get away from all the Santa stuff with gifts as the big thing. I hope next year will be easier and more relaxed.

I have been wanting to share this with ya'll since I made it. Don't laugh, yes I am crazy! If you haven't figured out from my blog banner, I like pink flamingoes. This is kind of a new obsession of mine, but I have been collecting pink flamingo ornaments for the past couple of years. Well, I felt like they deserved a special display all to themselves, so I found this white pre-lit wreath and ta-da!! I did add some colorful fish and the cute little blue beach chair, along with pink netting instead of ribbon, some bright green sparkly fern like plants and some green balls. I love it!! This is going to go in my stamp room (when Mariah goes to college, part of her room is going to be my stamp room!!), but for now, it's just hanging in the dining room window. I am going to pack it up with the rest of my Christmas decorations until I get the room all set up. It really does not go with the rest of my Christmas decor.
I am kind of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas decorations. I have a 7 foot, pre-lit tree with the multi-color lights (didn't use to like that, but the tree was on sale for $30.00, so I have learned to live with them, lol), decorated with every Christmas ornament that I have been collecting since I was in 5th grade. My mantle is decorated with garland and ribbin and stocking holders. I have two Christmas villages on display, one on top of the tv cabinett and the other on my sofa table. Something new I added this year is a louvre door decorated with garland and lights. It was originally going to be used to display only cards, but after Dakota pulled down two of the stocking holders on the mantle and broke one of them, I decided to hang the stockings on the door.
I got that I idea from my bestest crafty friend Melissa. Thanks Mel!!

So I hope you all had a very good Christmas and that you have a very Happy New Year! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You did a great job on your wreath & what a cute idea of having it in your stampin' room!
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)
atutje3@sbcglobal.net