Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas ornaments












I made these for the girls the building where my Mom works. Each one has the same image of an Old World Santa on a music sheet background, but the embelishments are different. I am so pleased with how they turned out, so now I have to make myself some! I used coasters from Chili's restaurant for the base (and yes, I asked the waitress if I could have them!). I started with the musical note paper glued to the coaster. The santa is from a clip art website that I printed off, cut to size and glued. I embossed the whole piece with Irredescent Ice ep. Each one has an SU! Pewter Jumbo Eyelet with a piece of 7/8" Ivory Organdy Ribbon for the hanger. The holly leaves are silk and embossed with Irredescent Ice ep. My friend Melissa made the silver snow flakes using her Cricut and then dipped the pieces in silver ep melted in a melting pot. The poinsettia is from Season of Joy stamped with Ruby Red on Very Vanilla cs and embossed. I used buttons, beads, burgundy organza ribbon, fibers, silver chord and other various ribbon pieces. I only have two or three coasters left, so I might have to go and have dinner at Chili's to get some more!!
Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I have done a lot of craft fairs recently, a kid's birthday, getting ready for the holidays, oh the list could go on and on. I have not made any cards lately, just trying to get all the craft fairs done, so I had been focusing on altered stuff. While I was scouting around in Michael's for some deals, I ran across a book on altered picture frames. One that caught my eye was one that was made using a kit by Tera Leigh. It's called Faux Mosaics and I had to order the kit to try it out! In the next couple days, I will share the two frames that I made last week.

Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: