Friday, September 5, 2008

Kinda Shabby Chic


I'm still lovin' this little bird from the Always stamp set. He's just so sweet looking. Or is it a girl since it has flowers on it? haha. Either way, it's pretty darn cute! I had the idea for this card in my head and it took about 4 hours to make, because I played around with it so much. I finally got it close to how I imagined it. I started with the DP from the Bella Rose pack (love that paper!!). The first thing I did with that piece was cute out the inside to make a frame and I tore the edges inside and outside the frame. I wadded it up and distressed it with Close to Cocoa ink on a sponge applicator. The piece inside the frame is Very Vanilla cs stamped with Linen BG and French Script BG (both retired, but I just can't part with them). The heart and bird are stamped with chocolate chip on the opposite side of the DP from the frame. The heart is popped up on demensionals. The card base is Kiwi Kiss, one of the new In Colors (love it!!), stamped with Linen BG in Kiwi Kiss. The strip across the bottom is a piece of Close to Cocoa and a strip of the same DP. The bird is glued on top of that strip. The sentiment is stamped on another scrap of the DP, punched out with the Round Tap punch and tucked behind the strip. The buttons are from Earth Elements Button set glued to the card.
So, I have a few more things to share with you that I've been working on for the last couple of weeks and will post them over the next few days. I really want to start blogging more again, now that I am getting my new work routine down better. I love my new job!! It's just a little mentally tiring. I am used to that, but with this job, I stay busy all day. Not really a lot of down time. For a quick explanation of what I do, we do the indexing for real estate documents filed of public record in counties for a specific state. Basically, I do data entry, which I never thought that I would like, but I really enjoy it.
So that's all for now. See ya'll real soon! Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

2 comments:

The wallflower said...

I like the way you distressed this card. It's very pretty!

Mary Rucker said...

Your so cute. I remember when my kids went off to school. Kinda of a mixed blessing. Hated to see them go but now I could have visions fo fall and when the came home The house would smell of cinammin and apples from the homade apple sauce. It's so easy to make.
My girly friends only send shabby cards.
I am going to email the cute quotes. To my sisters.
Love the time with your kids now. For it goes by soooo fast.
Mary Rucker