Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Love this bird!!

I really do! The designer paper was still sitting on my desk from making the shadow box and the flowers reminded of this bird from Always. I stamped the bird on the paper with Versamark and embossed with black ep. The flowers in the bird's mouth are rub-ons. The main image is mounted on Basic Black and layered on Bashful Blue that I ran through the Cuttle Bug using the Birds and Swirls embossing folder. That is also mounted on Basic Black. The ribbons are black, green and blue gingham. The tag punch is Certainly Celery with a rub-on applied. The card base is Certainly Celery.

On a very happy note, I got my catalogs today!!!! I am so excited! I've already skimmed through it a couple times. I will pour over it this weekend and make lists. A wish list and a reality list, lol.

I start a new job on Monday and am excited and nervous at the same time! I really did not want to get another job, but our office has been really slow with hardly anyone purchasing homes or refinancing existing mortgages. My boss has always been worried about me not having benefits and when he decides to retire in a few years, it will be harder for me to find something (because I will be so old by then, haha). So now is the best time to go. I am sad because I have worked with my Mom for 12 years and I will really miss being with her everyday. I'll still see her everyday because I live behind her, but it's not gonna be the same. So I'm done with my pity party now! Wish me luck with my new job!!

Thanks for stopping by todau and I'll see ya'll again soon! Until then, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Angie Z. ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Love the bird stamped over the DP! Hope the new job started well for you! :)