Monday, July 28, 2008

What I've been working on...



This used to be a cigar box. Now, it is a pretty shadow box! I love how it turned out! I bought a bunch of these at the cigar store, most for about $2 to $3 each, and they gave me a few, too. I have a few ideas for altering these, just need to find the time to work on them. For this one, first I painted it a light blue and added a coat of Mod Podge to seal it. Then I covered the outside with the blue and orange flower paper from Crate Paper's Brunch Collection. For the inside, I started with a designer paper from Foof-a-La called Fall Bouquet. Next is a layer of Certainly Celery along with designer paper from Foof-a-La called Golden Tones and then the sentiment piece, that is actually a sticker from Bo Bunny's Friend cardstock sticker pack. This piece is raised with thick pop dots. The flower is SU! From the Garden and is stamped three times, colored with water color pencils and a blender pen. Then each one is cut out and attached with thick pop dots. For each of the flower layers, I omitted a portion to give it more depth.

Thanks for checking in on me today! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful idea. Love it. I have a couple wooden cigar boxes that I have no clue what to do with so I will be watching your blog with great interest. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.
Cheryl Sims

The wallflower said...

cute idea! It's beautiful!!

Angie Z. ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Gorgeous! Fabulous choice in colors, paper and stamps!