Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Sweetest Thing






I so love being a mom to my three beautiful kids! I caught the scrapbooking bug about 11 years ago. I have always been a "crafty" person and when I was invited to a crop, I was intriqued and a little intimidated. But, I loved the idea of capturing these great moments of my kids. I have been perpectually behind since I started, but I really enjoy it! When I was introduced to stamping almost 3 years ago, I thought how wonderful to buy alphabet stamps to incorporate into my scrapbook pages instead of constantly buying stickers and never having enough of one letter. Well, when I started making cards, it was such instant gratification that I literally put my scrapbooks on the back burner. Recently, I caught the scrapbook bug again!!

This page is of my daughter Mariah. She hates this picture, but I think it's beautiful! The dp is Karen Foster Design called Orange Twist that I got from my LSS. I mounted the picture on Whisper White, River Rock and Tempting Turquoise. On the Tempting Turquoise piece, I stamped swirls and swiped the Craft White ink pad on the edges. The journaling is on Barely Banana mounted on Whisper White. I added rub-ons from SU! Eastern Elegance in black and white. The tag is from K&Company's Blue Awning Tag Pad, with another rub-on and a Prima Flower with an Ice Brad.

I have finished a couple more pages and will share those with you soon!




Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!


~Lorrie

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is exactly how I've been feeling. I started out with a Creative Memories "class" about 5 or 6 years ago and caught the bug. Even did a short stint as a consultant but it wasn't my thing. Then, my CM upline introduced me to stamping (her bad) and I was a huge fan for about 2 years..now, I want to get back to scrapbooking. I almost decided to sell my stamps but you know what? I handed off a huge pile of scrapbooking magazines that I "thought" I'd never use again and now I want them back! LOL! My stamps would be alot more expensive to replace if the same thing happened so I'll just hang onto them. I'm glad you're scrapbooking again - I need all the inspiration I can get.