Thursday, July 3, 2008

I am sad today...


I found out earlier today, that my best friend since the 5th grade has breast cancer and will be having a double mastectomy on Tuesday. I did not know what to say to her. Well, nothing I could say would make this better. She has a 5 year old son who is her world and I know that she is so scared. I am scared for her. I have no idea how I would handle this if it happened to me. She sounded so strong on the phone. I don't think that I would be so strong. She seems really optimistic so that's how I will have to be, too. Please say a prayer for Janice that she comes through surgery okay and that the doctors get all of the cancer.

While I was browsing my email, I got an email from the girl that used to my second level upline, Jami. Now, until today, I have never really been close to someone with breast cancer, and what do you think Jami's email was about? (this gives me goosebumps). She is selling most of her stamp stuff to raise money to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Just how timely is this? I think that I am just going to send a donation instead of buying anything. It's just so strange that I got the email after I found out about Janice. I can't help to think that if I got the email at any other time, would I have paid as much attention to it? I was sitting here thinking about what could I do to maybe make a difference and then I got that email. So, I will start making a small difference by making a donation to Jami's Avon Walk. That is the least I can do in honor of my bestest friend.

If you would like to make a donation, here is the link to Jami's Avon Walk site. If you can't make a donation (Iknow finances are tight for everyone right now), please say a prayer for Janice and one for Jami on her walk, too! Thanks and as Jami says, "Big PINK Hugs"!

~Lorrie

No comments: