Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation Fund


I made this for a friend's daughter who is saving for a tropical vacation. Vacation, vacation. I remember those! I am actually taking a vacation this year, too! We are going to Orlando in July. I really wanted to go to the mountains, but Dan booked his time share a little late, so Orlando it is. Don't get me wrong, I love Florida, it's just so darn hot in July! Most of my Mom's family is in Florida and we usually go down in the summer, so I'm used to the heat (I live in SC and it's really hot and humid here too), I just wanted a little change this year. Oh well, hopefully, we can go to the Outerbanks in NC next year!
So, anyway, about this bank. It's one of those freebies I got from my electric company several weeks back. I covered it with some very pretty tropical flower paper from my LSS. The "vacation fund" is Whimsical Lower Alphabet stamped in Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White and mounted on Pumpkin Pie. The flowers are SU! Die Cut Blooms. The flip flops and palm tree are buttons. The vacation ribbon came in a combo pack from AC Moore. I adhered the ribbon with silver and Fire and Ice Brads.
I really hope that my friend and her daughter like it!!
Thanks for checking in today. Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!!
~Lorrie

No comments: