Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #45




Well, that's last weekend's sketch challenge! Yes, I know, I'm behind again. Actually I did make these two cards earlier in the week, but there's been a teenager on the computer and I haven't felt like kicking her off and listening to the teenage whine. This sketch challenge can be found here. So anyway, on to the cards!
The first one is also for Kwerner's Color Inspiration Challenge #6 and you can find that here. The colors we were to use are Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Sahara Sand and Wild Wasabi. My card base is Pumpkin Pie. The Sahara Sand piece was embossed with the CB Swiss Dots folder. The main image is Bud Basics stamped on So Saffron in Pumkin Pie and Wild Wasabi and mounted on Pumkin Pie. The strip is So Saffron and the ribbon is SU! striped grossgrain in Wild Wasabi with two pieces of "generic" orange and light yellow ribbon tied onto it. I finished it off by stamping the sentiment (don't know what stamp set) onto Wild Wasabi and punched out with the Word Window.
For the second card I used scrap papers left over from the Leland name frame. The card base is Certainly Celery with a layer of Brocade Blue and DP from Crate Paper. The flower is from Office Accoutrement stamped on Very Vanilla in Really Rust with the center punched out of the same DP (just the other side) with the Three Flower Punch. The flower is mounted with dimensionals onto a piece of Very Vanilla that was embossed with CB Swiss Dots and mounted on Brocade Blue. The setiment is from Lots of Thoughts (SAB 2008) that I just colored the Many Thanks with a Chocolate Chip marker and punched out with the Round Tab punch. The cording is from a pack that I bought for jewelry making, but I think it works better on cards concidering how much jewelry making I've been doing lately.
Thanks for checking in on me today! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!~Lorrie

No comments: