Sunday, April 6, 2008

A week behind again!


I know, I know, I'm a week behind posting this! Last week's Featured Stamper #40 on Splitcoast was Laura AKA ScrapnExtras and this is the card I cased. Laura has the most terrific gallery, it was hard to choose just one card. I would have done more, but this week time did not permit. I had to get ready for the craft fair yesterday. I did better at this one than any other before! I didn't get any orders for name frames or memory boxes, but I almost sold out of coaster sets and I got 6 people signed up for my Beginner's Stamp Class for next Saturday! I need a larger customer base. I think that I lost a few of my customers because for a while I wasn't having any events, so hopefully this will help and I can get back into the groove of things. Anyway, back to the card! I used almost the same color scheme as Laura, except I left out the pink and used almost the same layout. I love faux clossoine, but have never used designer paper, always magazine pictures, but I also got rid of all the mags that I had collected for this technique. I just don't have the space for them all! I really like the look of this technique on designer paper, it's a softer look than mag pics. The card base is Soft Sky, stamped with the flowers from Always in versa mark and clear embossed. The back panels are Soft Sky and Certainly Celery that I ran through the Cuttlebug with Birds and Swirls embossing folder. Both are mounted on Chocolate Chip. The heart is stamped once on Sky Blue and once on SU! Porcelain Prints DP with versamark and embossed with Gold Glory ep. I cut the heart out of the DP piece and mounted on the solid piece with demensionals. The heart is mounted on a square piece of SU! Porcelain Prints DP that was double mounted on Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip. The bird is also from Always stamped on the same DP as the heart with versamark and gold embossed. I cut it out (time consuming and kind of a pain, lol!) and glued to the card. I really love it!! This card is bigger than I normally make, just like the last Featured Stamper card I did. I'm kind of liking the larger size, I just now need to order some envelopes for them to fit in!
Now, I'm off to clean off my stamp desk and hopefully stamp something from this week's Featured Stamper, Kristi AKA Mommylvs2stamp! I have already checked out her gallery and it is amazing, too!
Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: