Thursday, April 10, 2008

Round Card


I have seen round cards on Splitcoast and always wanted to try one and finally got up the nerve, but I'm not too crazy about the folded top. I have the Circle Scissors and tried folding the card stock and then cutting it out, but it was too thick and kept moving. Accckkk! So frustrating! So, I thought of this and it's ok, just not the best looking. So anyway, I cut out two same size circle using the Circle Scissors from Pretty in Pink card stock, scored a small portion on one using my Scor-pal (which by the way, I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE!!!!) and then taped the two circle together on that fold with double sided sticky tape. I stamped the butterfly from Garden Whimsy on the front circle and again on a scrap piece and embossed with Irredescent Ice EP, cut out and mounted with demensionals. The sentiment is from Garden Whimsy stamped in Chocolate Chip. The small flowers are punched out of the portion left over from the butterfly with SU! Three Flower Punch. I doodled stitches around the entire card and stapled the piece of ribbon to the top. This card fits in a regular A2 sized envelope. Well, it's different!
I am having a Beginner's Stamp Class tomorrow morning, but I still have a couple other things to post, so I'll probably be back tomorrow evening!
Thanks for stopping by today! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: