Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hoppy Spring!


This card literally took me hours to finally finish. I started on it last night and it finally came all together late this afternoon. I don't know why, but lately it is taking me way too long to complete something. I had the thought of this card the other day, with the bunny, but my vision had pastel plaid paper and then I realized I didn't have any! I know that I had some at one time, but could not find it. So anyway, this is how it turned out. The card base is Gable Green and then a layer of Pretty in Pink that I embossed with Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder. I tied a piece of May Arts two toned organdy ribbon (which I absolutely LOVE!!!) around it. The bunny is a Sizzix die-cut that I mounted with dimensionals on a piece of Whisper White that I brayered Gable Green and Ballet Blue on to make the grass and sky, then mounted on So Safron. The basket is a piece of Close to Cocoa that I stamped Canvas BG with the same and then cut out in the basket shape and added the handle. The eggs are really the small balloon from Family Accessories that I stamped on Pretty in Pink and So Saffron CS and cut out. The "hoppy" is from Euphoria Alphabet (retired) in Close to Cocoa and the "Spring" is hand written on Pretty in Pink punched out with the Small Tag Punch and mounted on Gable Green with Large Tag Punch.

I hate my own hand writing, but I don't have any Easter sentiment stamps, so I resorted to hand writing it. I do like how this card eventually turned out. I really like the colors together.


On a different note, Thursday night, Dan and I went to see The Blue Man Group and it was so awesome! We had front row, center stage seats!! We really were lucky! I got about 45 minutes all together on video! I will post part of it tomorrow. The only bad thing is that there was this vulgar man behind us that kept making rude comments, so he's on my video. Don't you hate it when some people don't know how to keep their nasty comments to themselves? I know we were at a rock concert and all, but come on man! Show a little control! Anyway, we still had a blast and it was really awesome! The stuff they come up with is so great!


Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Stampin', ya'll!

~Lorrie

No comments: