Saturday, March 29, 2008

Featured Stamper #59


I am a week late getting this done and posted! It took me about 3 hours to make this card because I got interupted so many times, but I finally finished it. This card is 5 inch square and is not a normal size card for me to do. For some reason, I have always stuck to regular A2 sized cards, but I really like this larger size. Now I just need to order some envelopes this size! Last Sunday's Featured Stamper on Splitcoast was Amy (Pickle Tree - Splitcoast name) and this is the card I CASED. I love, love, loved this card when I was browsing her gallery. Everything in her gallery is awesome! The things I changed: I used Old Olive instead of Always Artichoke; I used organdy ribbon and no sentiment, she used double stitched ribbon and Hodgepodge Hardware and a sentiment; She also sewed on hers and I don't have a sewing machine :(

The card base is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Old Olive that was embossed with CB Dots and Spots embossing folder and distressed the edges. Then a layer of Bashful Blue embossed with CB Birds and Swirls embossing folder, distressed the edges and mounted on Chocolate Chip with distressed edges. The main image is From the Garden stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and watercolored with SU! Watercolor Crayons and a Blender Pen. Cut it out and mounted with Dimensionals. The ribbon is SU! wide Organdy that I heated with the Heat Gun to "age" it a little. I really love how it turned out. Thanks Amy for such great inspiration!
Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

2 comments:

Angie Z. ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

A beauty! I just got this stamp and I'm itchin' to play with it! We'll see what the week brings! I just fixed you on my blogroll - it's not Pinkled Tink anymore! Sorry 'bout that! :)
~Angie

Kathy (the Bloghore) said...

This is SO pretty. I really like that large size too.