Saturday, February 16, 2008

Greetings from Mars Hill

I'm here visiting Amber this weekend and we have been having a lot of fun! We drove into downtown Asheville today where they have the most awesome little shops. Mariah took pictures of some really cute artsy things that we saw. She wants to make something with mosaics as soon as we get back home. There were also these really great suncatchers made from small round mirrors hanging from fishing line. They were so simple but so neat. The place we went to used to be an old dime store like space that they made into an art consignment shop. It is so cool. I really wish that I had the money to start something like that in Lexington. We have some really great artists in my area and I think that this sort of shop would be wonderful in my community. So anyway, we purchased some cute things today. Then the girls wanted to go to Walmart, and so we headed to where we thought Walmart was and got totally lost. We finally found a K-Mart, did a little shopping and then came back to campus. Right now the kids are watching some crappy scary movie they rented. My girls love gore movies and I hate them, haven't liked them since I saw Jaws when I was a kid. Well, this movie they are watching is getting very intense and they are talking about turning it off! This is so funny, because they love these kind of movies! Well, I'm gonna get off of here. They want pizza, so guess who gets to go get it. I'll be heading home tomorrow and I really want to try Beatte's Weekend Sketch Challenge, so I may post tomorrow night.
Until then, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Mariah Papaya said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you have a great day!