Thursday, February 7, 2008

Faux Linen


After seeing Jenny (one of my SU! sidelines) card using the faux linen technique, I knew I had to try it! In case you don't know how to do the faux linen technique, I'll try to explain. Stamp images on a piece of tissue paper (I used white), crumple it up, straighten it out again, but leave some of the creases in it. Using a glue stick, spread glue all over a piece of white paper (for this piece, I used Very Vanilla) and adhere the tissue paper, making sure that you don't rip it. There will be small bumps and creases, but that's what you're going for. This makes great texture! My faux linen piece is stamped with the flowers from Bud Basics in Really Rust and then the outline portion of the flower in Chocolate Chip and mounted it on Chocolate Chip cs. I also stamped a separate flower, cut out and mounted with dimensionals. The tag is stamped from Warmest Regards in Chocolate Chip and mounted on Sage Shadow. I wrapped some fibers that I got from Simone last year. Thanks Simone!! The card base is Really Rust with layers of Sage Shadow and a piece of SU! Outlaw DP. I love how this turned out!

Until next time ya'll! Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

2 comments:

kathy said...

I love it and now I think I will try it. I had forgotten how to do it and couldn't remember if it used dryer sheets or tissue. ok I am off to try it and hope its as good as yours

SpAzzGiRL said...

Wow, look at that card.
Love it.
And I love that you used fibers, I haven't used those in forever and I think I still have some...thank YOU for the inspiration.