Sunday, January 6, 2008

FS48


This week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast is Nancy Riley (stampinat6213 on SCS) and this is her blog. What a wonderful gallery she has! This is the card I cased. Her card was a color challenge (Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Old Olive) card, so I kept the colors the same. I did change the card base color to Old Olive. Nancy used reversed masking to create the panels, but since I didn't have the strength to tackle that today, I just stamped the images from Bud Basics and then cut them into panels and adhered them to a piece of Regal Rose cs. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Warmest Regards in Close to Cocoa on Regal Rose, punched with the small Tag Punch and mounted it on Old Olive punched with the large Tag Punch. I punched a hole in the tag and strung it onto some pink organdy ribbon (not sure of the company) and tied it around the Regal Rose piece and then mounted it on the card base. I did not add the flowers on dimensionals like she did either. I may add those later because I do like that look. I think I'm going to give this card to my Aunt Bebe who is visiting next week from Florida. We only get to see them once or twice a year, so I'm excited to see them again. My Aunt Bebe and Uncle Carl are my favorite aunt and uncle. When my brother Joel and I were kids, we would spend a week with them during the summer. It was always so much fun, because they only live about 5 miles from the beach and we always got go skating or bowling and to the beach. They live a 1/2 block away from a convenience store and we would walk there everyday and buy junk food. Joel and I never got to do stuff like that at home because we didn't live near anything within walking distance. We always thought we lived in the sticks or the country is what my cousins called it. Anyway, Aunt Bebe's birthday is this week, so yes, this will be her birthday card!
Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Lorrie, I loved your card so much on SCS, I had to come see it here on your blog! I sure like your thinking in creating the panels ... SO much easier than the reverse masking! (Thanks so much for the links!) Stampin' Hugs, Nancy