Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bud Basic Sympathy Card


More sad news here. Another one of our clients died on New Year's Eve. He had a heart attack. We saw Mr. Ralph a few of weeks ago and he did not look very well then. Sympathy cards are not my favorite to make because I just never know what to say verbally, let alone written in a card. I tried to make this card very soft and subtle looking. I think that bold and bright is my usual style and so I have a hard time toning it down a bit. I don't even have many of the Soft Subtle papers. I had one piece of the Blush Blossom and Gable Green left so from a multi paper pack that's what I went with. I stamped the main flower image from Bud Basics (a two stampin' technique stamp set) in Blush Blossom (I actually had to use a marker because I don't have that color stamp pad) and the outline in Creamy Caramel. The background is a piece of Blush Blossom that I stamped the flowers from Shades of Nature (SU! retired) in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. It's hard to see in this picture, but I like the effect. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations stamped in Creamy Caramel on Blush Blossom and mounted on a piece of Gable Green and then I tied a piece of light pink narrow organdy ribbon around that piece before adhering to the card. The card is much prettier in real life, this photo doesn't do it justice.

No comments: