Thursday, December 20, 2007

Crashed, in more ways than one

It's been a terribly long week and isn't over yet. Today was especially a long day, as we had a late purchase closing scheduled and didn't get out of the office until almost 6:30. Then on my way to the grocery store to get stuff to make Green Bean Casserole for tomorrow's office Christmas party, I was sitting at the stop light across from the store and the Escalade in front of me backed into me. This is the second time in a year someone has backed into my car. People pull out in front of me all the time too. I think my car must be invisible. What's worse about this particular incident, is that it was a 16 year old girl driving. Her mother told her that she was too far into the road and told her to back up, in which she proceeded to do so, right into me. I honked my horn but she kept on coming. Her mother jumped out of the car and started yelling at me that I was too close and that I came out of nowhere. Well, first of all lady, I was atleast 8 feet behind her and second, I was sitting still behind her for atleast 20 seconds. The girl told the police officer that this was her first time driving that vehicle. Well, there's the answer there, but, having a teenager that just recently got her license, this is how I think it happened. Her mother said, you are too close to the road, back up a little. She then put that sucker in reverse and backed up without looking. I think this because when you are a new driver and the person teaching you to drive tells you to do something, like backup a little, that's what they do. They don't think about other steps to take. You have to tell them, you need to back up and be careful to look before you go. Atleast that's how I had to do with Amber. I had to tell her each step. Something that comes second nature to me was so foreign to her. So anyway, the police officer sighted her as the one at fault, so now I have to give the forms to my insurance agent and let him handle the rest. I have the most wonderful agent in the world. He has never steered me wrong and has always been there when I need him. Since it's been such a long week and a very long day and my Green Bean Casserole just came out of the oven, I'm gonna go "crash" in my warm, soft bed! I will share a couple of pics with you tomorrow of the last name frame orders that I had to fill before Christmas. Hope ya'll have a great night.
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Gwen Mangelson said...

oh man! I hear ya, I had a gal stop in front of me for NO reason- no traffic nothing and I rear ended her- of course I got the ticket but it wasnt MY fault she just stopped ! I HATE the way they drive here in MO, NO ONE has to take drivers ed and it shows- oh my gosh- I am glad you are ok and I hope you have minimal damage to your vehicle, the mom was in the wrong also and I hope they both learned something from their stupidity!
hugs
Gwen