Sunday, October 14, 2007

True Friend Flowers

This is another card that I did for the
last workshop I did. Again, a very simple layout. For this, I demo'd the "rock-n-roll" technique and they really loved how the image turned out. The card base is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Cameo Coral stamped with Linen in the same ink and then dragged the edges in the ink pad. The River Rock strip is stamped with the same ink with the diamond shape bg from Looks Like Spring. I colored the flower from True Friend with markers on Barely Banana and distressed the edges. The big flower (or whatever it's supposed to be) is stamped in Cameo Coral and then rock and rolled in Chocolate Chip, cut out and adhered with a demensional. See, very simple!! (Edited to add that the sketch is a reverse sketch of the Mojo6 Challenge shown here!)

Yesterday, I did the craft fair that I told you about a couple of weeks ago. I was kind of bummed that the pumpkin flower arrangements didn't sell, but I sold a lot of cards and coaster sets AND I got orders for custom name frames! I have another craft fair coming up the first week in November and I think that I'm going to focus on cards, coaster sets and name frames, since that seems to be what people buy more of. Last year, I made some coaster sets with the palm tree from Balmy Breezes, one with a cornucopia, and one with the Lilacs from Blossoms Abound. All of the ones with the palm trees sold and the others did not. So this time I made more with the palm tree and again took the other two and all of the palm trees were sold and no one touched the other two! I think the whole reason that people here like the palm tree so much is because the Palmetto Tree is the symble on the South Carolina flag and the palm tree looks like that Palmetto Tree. So I think that I will only stamp that palm tree for coaster sets from now on. I know that Balmy Breezes is a retired stamp set, but I can't part with it. Partly because the image is such a big hit at craft fairs, but mostly because my upline named our group the "Balmy Breezer Stampers". I can't get rid of the stamp set that we are named after now can I?

Well, I'm gonna get off of the computer now and go try my hand at a snowflake ornament that I saw on someone else's blog! I'll post it and link the directions here when I'm done!
Until then, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

kathy said...

Don't be bummed out it just may have been to early for pumpkins with all the warm weather that has been around. I am sure they were adorable and I am sure your next fair will be a success