Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Spooky 12X12


When I first was introduced to stamping, "I was a scrapbooker". I was skeptical that I would even like stamping and card making because "I was a scrapbooker". Oh, I didn't think it would be for me because "I was a scrapbooker". That's just it, before I became a stamper, I WAS a scrapbooker. Ask me how many scrapbook pages I have done in the two years I've been stamping, go ahead, ask. I can count on one hand how many, that's how many. And what a shame, because I have been seeing some really great pages on blogs, in magazines and on SCS. Well, Monday night, my upline had a group meeting and we were to make a 12 x 12 page to swap. I fretted over this for 3 days! It had been so long since I was in scrapbook mode that I almost made myself sick over what to do. Well, this is what I finally came up with. Whew, I am so glad that's over with! Although, it did jump start my desire to start scrapbooking again on a regular basis. I want to try and start a monthly scrapbook class/club and this is exactly what gave me that push I so despirately needed! The only Halloween stamp set that I have is Booglie Eyes and I knew I wanted to do a Halloween theme. I kept picturing the Booglie Eye creatures creeping alongside a graveyard. I probably actually saw something similar on SCS, but it was probably a mixture of 2 or 3 things I saw and my brain just added them all together. I know that I saw the gravestones using the tag punches on SCS by several people. And I love the tree from the Spooky Skyline jumbo wheel, but I didn't have that. Dan said that the bat would be cute hanging upside down from a tree, so that's how I came up with the big tree. I sketched it out with a pencil and then cut it out. The moon was also Dan's idea, but the witch flying in the "moonlight" was mine. The other characters are pretty explanatory, just stamped, colored and cut out. The pumpkins are just three circles punched out and put together and did the shading with markers. I hand drew the faces on the pumpkins also. And of course all of the Booglie Eye creatures have real "Booglie Eyes"! Aren't they just so darn cute? I really love how the page turned out. The actual page that I swapped with the group had only the tree, black strip at the bottom, the moon and the gravestones on them. I stamped the Booglie Eye images and gave those with each page so that they can color and cut out and then put them wherever they want on the page. I couldn't do anymore cutting after the first one I made! I will add the little spider hanging from the picture when it is added to the page.
All the pages that I got from the swap are great also. I will have to take pics of those and post them. I also have a couple of cards to share with you so be on the lookout for that, too. I will try my best to be a better blogger!
I hope to see ya'll tomorrow!
~Lorrie

2 comments:

kathy said...

Cute card. I guess I should probably make a few halloween cards but for some reason I never bought any halloween stamps....lol guess I will have to fix that.

Kathy, the Bloghore said...

You sound just like me. I was a tried and true "scrapbooker" and even a CM consultant for a while. At a get-together I did once, I remember how annoyed I was at a girl who showed up with an entire box of cards that she had made...and then didn't buy anything from me! She said she was just too into card making. LOL!