Saturday, October 20, 2007

Memory Box



This is a baby memory box that I made for my friend, Glenda, to give to an expectant mommy! I made one of these last year for a friend of mine at church and haven't really thought about making them to sell, but Glenda had seen the other one on my blog and asked me to make one. Which got me thinking about offering them at upcoming craft fairs I will be doing. The thought behind these boxes is to keep baby items like first shoes, rattle, ect., that are too bulky to put in a scrapbook. I also thought about making some for wedding memories.
For this box, Glenda requested pastels and the baby's name will be Kailee. First, I painted the lid with a yellow acrylic paint. Then added the pastel striped paper called Sweetstripe by Sonburn that I got from my LSS. I traced the "K" from a piece of SU! chipboard onto Lavender Lace, cut out and covered in Irredescent Ice EP. I layered three pink Primas and added a Fire and Ice brad to the center and adhered to the "K". I stamped the rest of the name onto Pretty in Pink in Lavender Lace and mounted on Lavender Lace, then covered in Irredescent Ice EP. The ribbons around the top and bottom came from my LSS, also. The little chipboard flowers on the sides of the box are from S.E.I. The ribbons on the handle are miscellaneous brands.

2 comments:

Glenda Davis said...

I love the box Lorrie!! It is so much more than I was expecting! I know my sister is going to LOVE it!! I'm going to send her a link to your blog, because she has started scrapping and I think she would enjoy it. But I can't until after her shower, I don't want to ruin her surprise! One day I'm going to make it to one of your workshops and bring her with me!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!