Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Do not adjust the color on your screen!

This is supposed to look black and white or I guess sepia toned! It is a Wedding Memory Box that I made as an example for an upcoming craft fair. I wanted it to be very neutral and I think that's what I got! It looks like an old photograph, doesn't it? There is no stamping on this :( but could easily stamp the bride and groom's name on it. The paper is by Reminisce and the flower cutouts are Anna Griffin.
The ribbon is from SU! The "Love" is flocked and is from Anna Griffin. I painted the top of the box with a taupe acrylic paint and added Lumiere to make it shimmery like the paper. I really like the idea of these boxes to be used to hold things from a wedding or baby "firsts", things that you want to keep, that won't fit in a scrapbook, but you want something nicer to put them in. Dan says that it looks about as good as you can make a metal lunch box look. Men!!! I don't think that they quite get it!

2 comments:

Mary Anne in NJ said...

Beautiful...

amber said...

hey mommy, something like this would be perfect for a wedding gift for josh and kim. i love it!