Thursday, September 13, 2007

Scratch-n-Sniff Card


Have ya'll seen this? This technique was shown in the Stampin' Success magazine that SU! demonstrators get each month. I can't remember which month that it was in off the top of my head. Anyway, you add an unsweetened dry drink mix with embossing powder. It has to be unsweetened mix because if it has sugar or artificial sweetner, it will burn when you heat it (trust me, I found out the hard way!) I used Orange Koolaid and Irredescent Ice EP (I also added a little Cinnamon). I know you probably remember this card from a few posts back, but this is the card that I designed for a workshop that got postponed until last night and my hostess wanted to use the Scratch-n-Sniff technique, so this is the card we made last night. It is slightly different than the one before. The Scratch-n-Sniff portion is only the flower. I stamped the flower in Versamark and used the Heat-n-Stick, heated and then added the Koolaid/EP mixture and heated again. Too, bad there isn't "smellavision" because it smells so good, but you'll just have to take my word for it. Or you can make your own and really see for yourself. The ladies at the workshop were floored! They were coming up with all kinds of ideas for this technique. I am definitely going to show this at more workshops!

3 comments:

SpAzzGiRL said...

I saved in article in Paper Crafts from 2004 that also had this technique and now they sell the smelly powders that seem to hold the smell a little better.
Love the colors on the card and bet it smells great!

Ijsbeer said...

Thats very cool. Didn't know there was a way to make those yourself

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.