Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My first Christmas card of the Season!







Woohoo! I've had this in my head for a while now and finally got to stamp it last night! It took me a long time to figure out how to make the top to the ornament, but I finally got it. The ornament is Real Red cs punched out with the Marvey Uchida Giga circle punch. I stamped the swirl and little poinsettia image from Season of Joy in Versa Mark and embossed with Gold EP. Then I covered the whole thing with Glassy Glaze to make it really shiny. The ornament top started out as a piece of Real Red Gold embossed, then punched with the Scallop Punch, then cut a portion out and punched a slit out to make the opening. I mounted the ornament on a piece of Whisper White cs stamped with the sentiment from Season of Joy and also embossed the edges with Gold EP. I added the Real Red wide organdy ribbon to the ornament with Crystal Effects. The card base is Basic Black with a snowflake from The Snowflake Spot embossed with Gold EP. And that's it! I love how it turned out! I thought about making this the card I would send out this year, but my goodness it took a long time, so I'm not so sure. I still have some other ideas floating around in my head, so I gotta get those done and then I will choose.






I have a Craft Fair coming up on October 13 and am excited about that, but I don't have a lot of things made yet. So far, I have thought of doing cards (of course), candles, coasters, Christmas ornaments and recipe boxes. Do ya'll have any suggestions for other items I could make? Thanks!



~Lorrie

6 comments:

Wife2TJ said...

I LOVE this! GREAT job!!!

Michelle said...

Great card! I can't even imagine getting ready for a craft fair. Can't wait to see some of the projects you make for it.

Debbie Yates said...

I like to offer altered items- dvd tins, notebooks, trays, clipboards - easy to alter and good money makers. Your site and tutorials are great!

Martha said...

I love this card!

Pattyjo said...

Oh I love your card! It is one I just have to case. You did a great job!

kathy said...

Great card. Must be nice to get your christmas cards going already.
BTW you have been tagged so go over to my blog and copy and paste the questions and delete my answers and put yours in