Thursday, August 2, 2007

YES!!! I stamped!


Not all that thrilled with how this turned out, but atleast I stamped!!! I started a second card last night, but didn't finish quite yet. I've got to get on the schtick soon, because I have a workshop next week and it's my turn to come up with two cards for the card ministry at church. I have been color challenged lately, so I really should go to SCS and check out the color combos again. I have several sketches that I have come up with in the last couple of weeks, so I need to do something with those, too. Well, about this card... I started with the Old Olive card base that I had already stamped with the On the Spot BG stamp in Old Olive. I stamped the coffee cup and steam from Like it a Latte in Closed to Cocoa and wrote the "heart" 2 stamp by hand. I knew that I was going to mount it on the Old Olive and Chocolate Chip circles, but it looked plain, so that's when I decided it needed some bling, so I added the Irredescent Ice EP. Did a little doodling (my favorite thing to do lately) on the Old Olive circle and mounted with dimentionals. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Polka Dots and Paisley. I think it needs something, but I have a really bad habit of adding too much and then screwing up the whole thing! So I will leave well enough alone!

On the homefront, finally Amber (my almost 19 year old daughter) got her driver's license today! I am really happy because she is going off to college 2 1/2 hours away in 15 days and I was really getting worried! She has been so timid about driving and kept putting it off and now that she has it, I can't keep her home! She's already making shopping and lunch plans with friends before she leaves. She has always been a go-go girl and now there's no stopping her! When she was little, if you mentioned "go", even if it was to go to the trash dump, she would want to go! My Mom said she won't be driving too much when she's the one paying for the gas! and gas is higher in NC than it is here. I heard that SC has the lowest gas prices in the country right now! I filled my car up yesterday and it still cost me $41.00! It was $2.74 a gallon for mid-grade. I hate to think what it would be say in NY or CA?! How much is gas where you live?

3 comments:

chelemom said...

REad that you were sick...hope you are feeling better...a sinus infection? Ugh! Anyway, love this little card! Toooo cute!

Cheryl said...

I live in NC also and our gas (yesterday) was 2.72. I think we live in one of the least expensive areas in NC. We were in Myrtle Beach last week and found very "cheap" fuel in Latta, SC at the Flying J. We always try to stop there when traveling to the beach! I love your work. Keep feeling better.
Cheryl Sims

SpAzzGiRL said...

Cute card, love the added sparkle.
Got my license at 18 and everyone thought that was late, but once I started, I couldn't stop.
$2.74?!!?!?!
OMG...it is $3.49 here for the cheap stuff!! Consider yourself lucky.