Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thanks!


To all my blogger friends for the well wishes and sweet comments! You are all so wonderful!
I got to stamp today! I was cleaning my stamp area this morning and ran across this image that I stamped at Vacation Bible School over a month ago. This image is from a long ago retired SU! set that my friend Andrea has. I think that it is from 1998, but I'm not sure. I just love the cute little bird sitting on that stump. I stamped the image twice for a project that we were working on at VBS but I never finished it. I colored the bird red on the other one, but I like the blue better. I colored the image with water color pencils and then sponged the Bashful Blue and River Rock. Mounted it on River Rock and pierced holes and faux stitched with a copper pen. I mounted that on Old Olive that was stamped with the "lattice" from Looks Like Spring with Old Olive and rounded only the two corners. The card base is Bashful Blue stamped in the same with Linen BG. The sentiment is from Circle of Friendship stamped on River Rock, punched out with the 1-3/8" punch and adhered to Ballet Blue punched with the new SU! scalloped punch, pierced holes and mounted to card with demensionals. The final touch is the ribbon (not sure where I got it) tied in a bow around the Old Olive piece. I heated the ribbon with the heat gun to wrinkle it and give it extra texture. I really like how this turned out! I also started on an art project that I saw in this month's Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazine. I will share what I've done so far with you tomorrow.
Our shopping trip was exhausting, but we got a lot done, plus we got to eat at The Olive Garden! It has been so long since I have eaten there and it was great! All four of us got the Seafood Alfredo with the endless salad and bread sticks and it was so good!
Well, ya'll have a great Monday and I'll see ya'll soon!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

A. Sanborn said...

EVERYTHING you've put together on this sweet lil' creation is eye kandi! LOVE it!

Hugs,
Anne :)