Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Paper, Scissors, Crop!







This article is in this month's Mary Engelbriet Home Companion magazine. The artist is Michelle Bernard-Harmazinski and she is amazing! This is just so awesome and I had to create my own version of this. Hers is a canvas with 4-inch squares in a grid. She used really unique items and each square is it's own work of art.


I am not using a canvas for my version, just paper and I am using 5-inch squares. Each one will be different and I am planning on using pictures of my kids for the centers of some of the flowers, just like Michelle did (she used pics of her husband). I also plan on using some of my old jewelry pieces that are no longer functional for jewelry, but I thought that this would be a neat way to display them instead of sitting in a box. These are the first two that I did. I want to add something to the first one, but I think the second one came out really well. I love very bright colors, so each piece will be bright and happy. There are so many things that can be done with this concept. I am so excited to work on this! I plan on framing the finished piece and hanging it in my living room. I will share each square as I finish them and then the finished piece. Hopefully, I can work on atleast one square every few days.

Thanks for visiting me again! See ya'll soon!



~Lorrie






1 comment:

SpAzzGiRL said...

Very cute, then they are all put together somehow?
Haven't seen this project, love the idea of putting pics in the centers, very cute!