Sunday, August 19, 2007

I am so tired!

Amber and I left Friday morning about 8:15 and got to Mars Hill around 10:45, stood in line to register and finally got to her dorm room around 11:45. Her dorm is on the third floor and it took us (with some help) four trips , but we finally got everything in her room and then went to the Caf (college short name for cafeteria), ate lunch and back to her room to put stuff up. Amber had a meeting at 2:30 so I stayed in her room and finished unpacking for her. Her roomate is on the clogging team so she has been there since Wednesday and had all the furniture set up already. Their room and bathroom are TINY and they share it with two other girls. They call this a suite. It's sure not like any suite I've seen! I hope these girls all get along, because I know it's hard sharing a bathroom with other people, especially people you don't know all that well. I got to stay in her room Friday night, slept on a air mattress, which wasn't bad, except the party that was going on right outside her window. There is no airconditioning, so of course the windows were open and we could hear the party like it was in the room with us. But, this is college, so it's normal! Yesterday morning, we met Amber's boyfriend Jon Ryan downstairs (his dormitory is right next door) and walked around the campus until time for breakfast. Everywhere you look in Mars Hill are flowers! I love this town! It's beautiful and everyone is friendly. The only downside is that it's very hilly. It is a walking campus, so they won't be driving much. These kids are gonna probably lose that "freshman 20" instead of gain it! My Mom, sister in law Lisa and Mariah came to pick me up at around 1:30. We unpacked the stuff that they brought for Amber's room and visited for a little while. Amber and Jon Ryan had a 2:30 meeting, so we said our goodbyes and headed to Maggie Valley for a little shopping. I didn't even cry when we left. I can't believe I didn't cry. I think it all happened so quick that none of us had a chance to get emotional. On our way home, we stopped at Cracker Barrell to eat. We finally got home at 9:15 last night and I'm pooped! The pics above are from our walk around the campus. My favorite one is the picture of Jon and Amber walking in front of me in the alley. I'm going to print it and send it to the kids.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see ya'll really soon!
P.S. Be on the lookout for some more blog candy!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Pattyjo said...

I bet your bed will feel so much better than the air mattress. A little quieter too. Hehehe