Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hoppy Birthday!

I really needed some ideas for a workshop, so of course I went to Splitcoast! I wanted to use the Unfrogettable stamp set, so I went to the gallery for that stamp set and this immediately caught my eye. The colors are so vibrant, just what I love! I took the image with the layers and made a card instead of the bag. I also used Wild Wasabi for my card base, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow and Whisper White for the layers. I absolutely LOVE these colors together, so HAPPY! The frog is stamped first, masked and then stamped the mushroom. I colored with pencils and a blender pen. Everything is CASED because I thought it was perfect, so why mess with perfection, right? Well, I did use a different green, but I wanted to be able to demo the new In Colors. So with this one card, I have a chance to upsell the Flower punch, the Spiral punch, the Word Window punch and the In Colors! I love it!!! A bonus, too! I found a new blog to stalk daily! Lynn Put at The Queen's Scene or Justbehappy is what she goes by on SCS. Check out her blog, it's so cool! Thanks Lynn for the cutest ideas!
I have another card that I worked on for my workshop (that got postponed due to a funeral, but will be rescheduled soon I hope!), so I will share that with ya'll tomorrow.
~Lorrie

2 comments:

JJS CARD N CRAFT said...

I love it. and i love where you got the idea from too, that's really neat! lol Jen

Pattyjo said...

That card is so cute! I love SCS for the gallery and all the quick inspiration you can get by just visiting for a while. You did a great job!
I think it would be a blast to be in your workshops.