Friday, August 3, 2007

Fire! brads that is....

This didn't quite turn out how I had imagined which happens to me a lot. I knew that I wanted to use the new SU! fire circle brads for the flower centers and that the layout is what I wanted, but the rest of it came together differently than what my brain had in mind. Like I said in my last post, I am having a hard time with color combos, but I think that these colors are happy together! I used Ruby Red, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie. After I had it all together, I thought that the Purely Pomegranate would have been better than the Ruby Red. Anyway. I stamped the flowers from Double-Line Doodles, added Iridescent Ice EP, cut out and layered with the brads in the centers. Adhered with demensionals. On the Pumpkin Pie piece, I stamped the dots background from Polka Dots & Paisley and the sentiment from Friend to Friend. I distressed the edges on the Summer Sun piece. I doodled on each layer to add a little depth. Overall, I like it.

I had planned on getting some stamp time in this weekend, but since this is a tax free weekend, I am going shopping with my Mom, sister-in-law and oldest daughter tomorrow. I am not a big shopper, but those three are and I will probably be gone all day! We are trying to get Amber everything she needs before going off to college, so the tax free will help the pocket book a little. She has a list a mile long, what fun! The good thing is that Amber looks at the prices and tries to pick out things on sale. She is a little more frugal than her sister, who doesn't care how much stuff costs as long as someone else is buying! We always joke with Mariah that she better marry into money because she has expensive taste. My two girls are like night and day in almost every way possible. Amber is the serious, somewhat quiet, shy and cautious brunette. Mariah is the comedian, loud, boistrous, blonde. They are both sweet, loving (they get that from me!), sometimes have a quick temper (they get that from their Dad) and are both turning into strong, beautiful young women! I am so proud of both of them!

Well, wish me and my poor feet luck for all that shopping tomorrow and I'll see ya'll very soon!
~Lorrie

No comments: