Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This started out as...



an ugly cigar box. No, really it did! I have had this box for almost 2 years and knew I wanted to cover it, I just never really had the time to sit down and figure out what I wanted to do. This past Sunday, I got the chance to play! I had bought two packs of Collage Papers by Paper Reflections a couple of months ago, so I used those. One set was Asian Elements and the other was Vintage Toile. I mixed elements from both for a different look. I stamped different SU! images on some of the papers and "distressed" the papers with a Close to Cocoa ink pad. I layered papers on top of each other, adhered and sealed with Mod Podge. I added the beaded handle that is actually a bracelet that I got at the Dollar Tree. I am trying to figure out how to add a clasp and am experimenting with a couple of different ideas. The only thing wrong with it is if you use it as a purse, the top is upside down. bummer. I didn't realize it until I put the handle on it! Other than that, I really like how it turned out. I plan on using it as a purse sometimes. Don't really know how I will pull that off considering my wallet is almost as big as the box!

Thanks for stopping by today. See ya'll later! Lorrie

2 comments:

chelemom said...

This came out sooo cute! I so want one now...can you make one for me?

SpAzzGiRL said...

Looks like a lot of work and came out beautifully!! Love it.