Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm still breathing!

Paint fumes that is! I have been painting Dakota's room and I'm still not done. I started Friday by cleaning and moving things and then yesterday I started painting. I had to do 2 coats of primer and boy does that stuff stink, had my whole house smelly! Last night I actually started getting some color on the walls. I picked out a very nice blue called "Windjammer" and it looks great! The room was sponged in yellow and orange and was not very boyish, hence the 2 coats of primer. It's what Mariah wanted in there 5 years ago when she and Dakota shared the room. She was 11 and he was 2 and she wanted to share the room with him! She and Amber were having some "issues" at that time being sisters that are 2 years apart. Boy were they fighting with each other back then! I do not miss those days. Now it's Mariah and Dakota that fight but atleast they have separate rooms now! Anyway, I have one more coat of the blue to put on today. My hands are sore, my back is sore and my head is really sore! and I still have paint all over me even after a shower, but it's all good. My little boy won't be sleeping in a yellow and orange room tonight! I've always heard that if you paint your bedroom a red, pink or orange that you don't sleep as well. That might explain why the kid comes in my room and sleeps on the floor almost everynight! Hopefully he will sleep through the night in his own bed and tomorrow I will get some stamp time in!!! Woohoo! I will be posting some blog candy this week! I was going to do that today, but my camera battery is dead again and is charging. It's not holding a charge very long. My camera using a lithium battery and I know they are kind of expensive, but I guess I will have to break down and buy a new one soon. Hope ya'll have a terrific Sunday and I will see ya'll again very soon, I promise!

1 comment:

kathy said...

Sounds like the room will be nice.