Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blossom Abound and.....

the winner of the blog candy is.....

Pattyjo said...
I think your blog candy is awesome and I will appreciate it very much if I win. I just want to tell you Thank you for the "chance" at it. Your very generous!

Congratulations to Pattyjo! Please email me with your address and I will get it out asap!

Thanks so much to all the wonderful comments! I got the band aid tin from Oriental Trading and they were pretty cheap! I haven't been able to
find them in stores either, but ran across them online and ordered a bunch.

Now about the card. The main image was originally stamped to go into a clear checkbook cover but it was too bulky for it, so I cut it down and made this card instead. I stamped the flower and leaves from Blossoms Abound in Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum and Old Olive and stamped the sentiment from Small Script. I "stitched" around the main image with a Chocolate Chip marker and mounted on Old Olive that I swiped around the edges with an Old Olive ink pad and added white organdy ribbon. The card base is Lavender Lace.

This weekend was really busy. I went to Mars Hill College again with Amber for her to take placement tests and sign up for classes. We got to peak in at the dorm room and made a mental list of the stuff she will need. She will have a room mate so they need to get together and compromise on some things. I am getting really nervous. She goes in the middle of August and there is so much to do! She still doesn't have her driver's license! I have to get her car serviced and buy storage stuff and the list just goes on and on! I know this will be a great opportunity for her, but I'm still nervous. Short of moving up there, I guess I will just have to get a new family cell phone plan so I can atleast talk to her at night. Amber has always called me to tell me goodnight when she is away and I hope that won't change. Her boyfriend will be there in the dorm right next to hers, so that makes me feel better. I know she will do good in school and make friends, I'm just worried about her getting a job and driving through the mountains. I hope she can find a job close to the school so she won't have to drive too far. I'm not going to stress out too much and just get her settled in and see what happens.

Well, ya'll have a great Monday and see ya soon!! ~ Lorrie

3 comments:

KIMBERLY said...

Congratulations!
Lorrie,
I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a Rockin Girl Blogger! Check it out at my blog.
Kim

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the colors

mimihas5 said...

Your card is so pretty! Love the colors and the ribbon that you chose to use. :)

Mary