Friday, July 27, 2007
Ya'll have a great weekend! ~Lorrie
Thursday, July 26, 2007
1. My legal name is Rosetta Lorene, my nickname is Lorrie (my Mom had to be different!)
2. I HAVE to sleep with a fan, not neccesarily blowing on me, just need the noise. But I can't sleep with any kind of light on.
3. I was in the South Carolina State Honor Choir my senior year of high school. Now I only sing in the shower and the car.
4. I have worked (with my Mom) for the same attorney for almost 10 years. (Mom has been his secretary for 30 years) Before that, I worked at Hardee's (fast food) for almost 13 years.
5. I have 3 cats (Tabby, Runt and Todd), 1 dog (Milo) and a snail, named Gary (like from Spongebob Squarepants). I bought a small aquarium with 2 African Dwarf frogs and a snail for Dakota's Christmas present and the frogs died in less than a week, but the snail still lives!
6. I have been divorced for 5 years and met my boyfriend, Dan, shortly after. We've been happily UNmarried ever since.
7. I love quotes... one of my favorites is by Judy Garland... "Always be a first rate version of yourself, rather than a second rate version of someone else."
Now I'm supposed to tag 7 others to play along. Oh my gracious, this is hard!... Ok, here goes....
Lisa - a prima chatterina's stampfessions
Kathy - KathysKreations
Jami - More is More
A. Sanborn - Paper-inkpressions
Michelle - Stamper's Dream
Kendra - Inkin' It Up!
Gwen - Paper Expressions
Ok ladies! You have been tagged!!!! Can't wait to learn a little more about ya'll!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
A. Sanborn - http://paperinkpressions.blogspot.com
You girls rock!!! Thanks so much for all the inspiration that you provide me on a daily basis!
Ya'll have a great day!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
I think your blog candy is awesome and I will appreciate it very much if I win. I just want to tell you Thank you for the "chance" at it. Your very generous!
Congratulations to Pattyjo! Please email me with your address and I will get it out asap!
Thanks so much to all the wonderful comments! I got the band aid tin from Oriental Trading and they were pretty cheap! I haven't been able to
find them in stores either, but ran across them online and ordered a bunch.
Now about the card. The main image was originally stamped to go into a clear checkbook cover but it was too bulky for it, so I cut it down and made this card instead. I stamped the flower and leaves from Blossoms Abound in Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum and Old Olive and stamped the sentiment from Small Script. I "stitched" around the main image with a Chocolate Chip marker and mounted on Old Olive that I swiped around the edges with an Old Olive ink pad and added white organdy ribbon. The card base is Lavender Lace.
This weekend was really busy. I went to Mars Hill College again with Amber for her to take placement tests and sign up for classes. We got to peak in at the dorm room and made a mental list of the stuff she will need. She will have a room mate so they need to get together and compromise on some things. I am getting really nervous. She goes in the middle of August and there is so much to do! She still doesn't have her driver's license! I have to get her car serviced and buy storage stuff and the list just goes on and on! I know this will be a great opportunity for her, but I'm still nervous. Short of moving up there, I guess I will just have to get a new family cell phone plan so I can atleast talk to her at night. Amber has always called me to tell me goodnight when she is away and I hope that won't change. Her boyfriend will be there in the dorm right next to hers, so that makes me feel better. I know she will do good in school and make friends, I'm just worried about her getting a job and driving through the mountains. I hope she can find a job close to the school so she won't have to drive too far. I'm not going to stress out too much and just get her settled in and see what happens.
Well, ya'll have a great Monday and see ya soon!! ~ Lorrie
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Thanks for stopping by today. See ya'll later! Lorrie
Monday, July 9, 2007
Saturday, July 7, 2007
|You Are A Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Girl|
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th! and I will see ya'll very soon! Lorrie