Sunday, June 3, 2007

This week's featured stamper is.....


....stamps4funinCA and this is the card I cased. Tosha's gallery is so wonderful! I had such a hard time deciding which card to do! I changed the color scheme, the sentiment and used the Office Tag punch instead of the round punch and I omitted the flower. I also made the card standard size instead of square. The main image is from Long Time Friend and is stamped on Very Vanilla, then watercolored using a blender pen directly to ink pad. The flowers and stems are colored in with markers. I added brads to each corner and mounted on Lavender Lace and Certainly Celery. I pierced both pieces. The triangle piece is designer paper from the SU! Palette O'Prints pad that I colored in the flowers and leaves with markers and mounted on Lavender Lace cs. Also, added brads to the corners of this piece. I mounted the main image and triangle piece to Old Olive card base that was stamped with Linen in Old Olive ink. I stamped the friend on the Office tag punched from Lavender Lace, stapled a piece of plain green ribbon and May Arts green ginham ribbon and then added tag to the side of the main image. I wrote "sweet" on the little tag and tied it to the the brad with a piece of hemp twine. I absolutely LOVE this turned out!!! Thanks to Tosha for such wonderful inspiration! I think this got me out of my slump!

2 comments:

kathy said...

What a beautiful card. I just love everything about it.

JJS CARD N CRAFT said...

Very pretty,
me too just love the colors, mauve being my favourite and with the greens and white, just gorgeous.....