Saturday, June 16, 2007






Just wanted to share with you what my stamp space looks like. I used to have a space out in a storage building that we converted a part of into an office, but Dan's comic book collection (we're talking boxes and boxes and boxes!) and his album collection and his other stuff, kinda started squeezing me more into the corner. I also didn't like the fact that I felt so discombobulated from my family, sooooo I moved almost everything into the house. I still have a big counter area and shelves out in the office to store bigger things. My space in the house is smaller, but, I am in the house with the kids where I can keep an eye on things. I purchased the cubes from AC Moore and most of them I bought when they were on sale, $19.99 instead of $29.99. I love them because there is so much storage space. The desk part I had to order online and it was $35.00, but Dan said it would have cost that much if he bought the wood to make it. The paper storage is acrylic organizers I got at Office Depot. I think they were $15.00 each. Dan bought most of them for my birthday last year. I hung them with S hooks on a white peg board that we got from Lowe's. Each holds 6 colors of paper. I still have room at the bottom to add a couple more organizers. The bookshelf holds all my current stamp sets (I mark the ones that have retired, but I want to keep, with a yellow sticky dot) and then some. The CD/DVD tower holds my ribbon, hostess stamp sets and seasonal stamp sets. Eventually, I want to add maybe a wall shelf over the magnetic dry erase board and some other storage ideas are in my head, just need time and money! My area is only 5' x 9' space and is actually my front foyer, so it's pretty compact. We never use the front door anyway (we're "come on in the back door" "country" kinda people!) Well, thanks for hanging in there and not giving up on me! I will try and do better about posting more often! Thanks, Lorrie

1 comment:

Joan said...

HHi Lorrie,
You are so organized I am so impressed. I will sign your guest book. I have my stuff in a closet and am constanting reorganizing it. And your cards ar4e beautiful!
Joan
Lacey Twp NJ