Saturday, June 2, 2007

I love this....


I fell in love with this stamp set in the SU! winter mini and bought it, but then it sat on the shelf forever! I finally pulled it out last night and then it took me forever to figure out what to do. I gotta go to SCS and try another sketch or color challenge or maybe both, because lately, I can not get in the stampin' groove. I just received the "bracket" punch yesterday and could not wait to use it, so I had to incorporated it into the card, it just did not turn out like I had invisioned. I wanted to fold it around the card edge like a tag, but it looked funny, so I left it opened and stamped the sentiment on it. The card base is Chocolate Chip, the next layer is Pixie Pink stamped with the "steam" from Like it a Latte all over with Pixie Pink ink. I snipped the corners with the slit punch and pierced holes at each corner. The coffee cup and whipped cream was stamped on Whisper White cs with Creamy Caramel and then colored in the "peppermint" and some of the whipped cream with a pink Sakura Gel Pen. I stamped the heart, colored in with the same gel pen, cut out and mounted with a dimensional. Punched the main image with a circle punch and then mounted on a Chocolate Chip scallop that was pierced. I cut a strip of Chocolate Chip cs and added a piece of May Arts pink gingham ribbon, then added sentiment piece. I like how it turned out, just don't like the fact that it took me like 3 hours to make! To think, there was a challenge on SCS to start each day by making a card in 15 minutes!! I will have to try that one of these days. Not sure what the card would look like, but I will try it.
We had a yard sale at my parent's house today and all was going well, until the rain came. I only made $13.75, but that's more than I started with! lol. I think I actually made $14.25, but Dakota wanted to set up a lemonade stand and so I bought 2 cups. He had 2 "real" customers and the rest of us, my Mom and Dad, Mariah and my Dad's cousin Kay all bought a cup. He was happy and it was so cute. Mariah took a video of him being a good little salesman. Yard sales are funny because you never know how they will go. We had advertised it to be from 8:00 to 4:00, but between 7:00 and 7:30, we must have had 30 customers! It was crazy! I was trying to sell my queen size Rice Bed and a dining room table, but there were no takers. Those were my big ticket items. Everything else was like books and little trinkets. Oh, well, tomorrow I must pack up my stuff and bring it back home. I was really hoping to sell the bed and the table, though. My ex-husband was supposed to buy both, but kept putting it off, but when he found out I was trying to sell them at a yard sale, he said he would be by tomorrow to give me a check and pick them up in a few days. I will believe it when I see it! Sometimes he irritates me to no end, but that is too long a story!!!
Well, I am off to find a challenge! Cross your fingers and hope I do well! Thanks for stopping by. Lorrie





No comments: