Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Simply Said Thanks


Dan had such wonderful nurses while in the ICU, but one was just absolutely an angel! She went over and beyond the call of duty. Her name is Eileen and we shared such funny stories with each other and she is just the sweetest! I made her this card as a thank you for being such a wonderful nurse and person. She really does love her job and it shows. Her husband is coming home for a 2 week R & R from Iraq and I really wanted to do something special for her as well as him for putting his life on the line everyday so that we can be free. I got them a gift certificate from Gilligan's Seafood Restaurant so that they can have a nice night out while he is home. I wish I could do more, but I think they will really enjoy that. The card base is Chocolate Chip, with a layer of Pixie Pink stamped with flowers from Simply Said from the Heart in Pink Passion ink. Main image and sentiment are from the same set and stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and colored with Sakura Glaze pens. The butterflies are from Just 'Cause I Like You stamped in Pixie Pink. I mounted these pieces on Pink Passion and added pink shear May Arts ribbon that I got from Bloomfields Dish Barn in North Carolina, when I went to Mars Hill. This is the first time I have used that ribbon and it is soooo pretty in real life! I can not wait to go back up there so I can stop again and really take my time there. There is way too much to see in the 45 minutes we were there.
I get to bring Dan home tomorrow!!! I am so happy he is so much better. To think 4 days ago he was still on a respirator and I didn't think he would be out of ICU by tomorrow! He will have to go to the doctor for a follow up and probably be on meds for a while, if not for the rest of his life, but we can deal with that. We are just so lucky and I thank God for his amazing Grace! I really believe in the power of prayer! Thanks to you all and have a great day! Lorrie

2 comments:

kathy said...

very nice card

GinaP said...

how precious this card is! Love it.