Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Doodle This again!


I can't seem to get enough of the flower in the Doodle This set! There are so many things you can do with it! I bought the K & Co. Brenda Walton Dollhouse Collection 6x6 pack of paper at my LSS last week and can't believe I haven't used it before now! I actually bought it to use on a name frame, but decided not to use it for that after all. It was lying on my table along with a scrap of Gable Green and Lavender Lace cs and BAM! It hit me! How pretty those colors look with that paper! So I chose the plaid page and built from there. The card base is Lavender Lace, then a layer of Gable Green that I distressed the edges and swiped with Green Galore. The layer of plaid is stamped with the Linen BG using YoYo Yellow ink and swiped the edges with the same. I stamped the Linen BG on a piece of Very Vanilla cs with YoYo Yellow then stamped the flower from Doodle This with Chocolate Chip. I used a Summer Sun marker to outline and then cut the flower out and added Dazzling Diamonds to the whole thing. The flower is mounted on a Green Gable circle and then a Lavender Lace scallop and I doodled on both pieces. The Thank You is stamped with Lavender Lace on Green Gable and punched out with SU!s big tag punch. (I did the "trick" to make it longer). I stapled a piece of SU! Apple Green ribbon with a piece of May Arts green gingham ribbon onto the tag and then adhered it to the card. I really like how it turned out! I love the colors together, so fresh and happy!

Thanks for stopping by today! Lorrie

3 comments:

kathy said...

I wish I had Your talent . this card is beautiful

SpAzzGiRL said...

Love this, the colors are wonderful!

GinaP said...

Love this card!! Great job!!