Thursday, April 26, 2007

Name Frame


I love to do name frames. I made this one for a friend of mine (actually she is my hair dresser). I made one similar to this for her several months ago for her shop. Well, she moved to a different shop and the girl she is working with wanted one, too. She wanted it to be red and black and kind of plain. WHAT????!!!!! Plain?!!! I have a really hard time doing plain. I love layers and color and accessories! So this was a challenge for me, but here it is. This is about as "plain" as I can do, lol! Anyway, I used the Letterpress Alphabet stamped on Whisper White cs with Basic Black ink and layered on Real Red and Basic Black cs. The background is Linen BG stamped on Whisper White with Real Red, then I swiped the cs with the Real Red ink pad. I usually find my frames at Walmart for about $3.00 - $5.00. I try to keep them in stock because one time when I was pressed for time, the Walmart near my house was out and I had to go to a different one. I hate having to drive all over town to find one thing. So now I try to keep a few on hand so I don't get stressed out.
Dan is still on the ventilator, but the doctors are hopeful that he will be off by Saturday. Then they will be able to assess everything else. His blood pressure is slightly elevated, but they say that is normal with everything going on. Thanks so much to you all for the thoughts and prayers. I do believe in the power of prayer. It has really helped me be strong this past week. Thanks again and I'll see ya'll soon! Lorrie

No comments: