Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Inspiration Every Where



Ever since I started stamping, I find myself looking at different things for inspiration, whether it be a color combo of something like a piece of clothing or even furniture, or a design of something that makes me think of a sketch layout. Well, the other day, a lady who works for a new apartment complex in Lexington, brought by a little celophane bag with homemade chocolate chip cookies in it. They do something like this almost every month to promote the complex. And whataya know, the celo bag those delicious cookies were in was great inspiration to me! I HAD to make the design on that bag into a card. The colors and the layout were perfect and I could NOT resist those lady bugs! I used Green Galore and Gable Green for the bottom strip and then a piece of whisper white with holes punched out, then mounted on Black. Then another piece with Green Galore and Gable Green layered, then another strip with White and Black. I stamped the flower from Office Accoutrement on Tempting Turquoise with the same color ink, but did not like how it looked, so I cut it out and turned it over and doodled with markers. Added the smaller flower stamped on Yo-Yo Yellow and mounted with pop dots. I stamped the ladybugs from Winged Things on Real Red, cut out and glued them down and then drew the wings and legs back on (I had to cut them off when I cut the ladybugs out). Then I added doodles around the green pieces and stamped "Happy Place" from Cute Converse. I love how it turned out!!! It is a close match to the inspiration, don'tcha think???!!!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

love the card and the inspiration that it came from...Now i will have to start watching every where