Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a terrific Easter! I really enjoyed my three day weekend, but wasn't too thrilled about going to work this am, but the kids had one more day off of school, so atleast I got to sleep until 7:30! I did get a lot of stamping in this weekend, so I was very happy about that. I started making this little band aid tin Friday and finally finished it yesterday. I got the tin from www.OrientalTrading.com a few weeks ago. I bought the Tim Holtz Adorondak "Nature Walk" alcohol inks and the Blending Solution from AC Moore several weeks ago and finally got up the nerve to use them. Sometimes I see something on Splitcoast and just have to have it and then get nervous about using it. But I think it worked out pretty well. I covered the tin with the inks and let it dry (it dries pretty fast). I had the flower stamped and cut out already from another project but did not need it, so thought that it really went well with the colors of the tin. I colored the flower with my SU! watercolor crayons. I just got those, too and how I ever lived without them I will never know!!!! They are great! I tied SU! organdy ribbon around the handle. I stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment from Circle of Friendship and made it into a tag and tied it around the handle with silver cording. I think I will use this little tin for a gift card holder for my daughter, Mariah's best friend's birthday. She will be so excited.



The card was inspired by the tin. I used the alcohol inks on SU! Glossy White cs and then stamped the images from Doodle This with black Stazon. Mounted that on a piece of Whisper White that was stamped with the swirly leaf portion of the small flower from Doodle That in Lavender Lace and Lovely Lilac. Wrapped a piece of SU! White Organdy ribbon and tied in a bow. Mounted that on Lavender Lace card base and stamped Happy Birthday from Warmest Regards.

1 comment:

Carol said...

These are really beautiful...thanks for sharing them with us...great work...and hey i've also posted a few interesting resources for birthdays over at my blog on Birthday Greetings so drop by sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!