Sunday, April 1, 2007

Doodle This, Doodle That


I just got this set and couldn't wait to mount it! Then was stumped on what to do with it!!! I have seen so many terrific cards on SCS, so decided that I had to try. I started with Lavender Lace card base stamped with the Canvas BG. Next is Summer Sun, also stamped with Canvas BG and then distressed the edges with the SU! cutter tool (I love that thing!). The Very Vanilla piece was first stamped with French Script BG with Summer Sun and then stamped the flower from Doodle This and the swirly stem, leaf thingy from Doodle That with black Stazon. I colored the images with my NEW SU! watercolor crayons and a blender pen. I layered another cut out flower with pop dots and added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the dots. For the tag, I used the big and small Tag Punches, but made the tags a little longer (saw that trick at SU's Atlanta Regionals) to fit the "Thinking of You" sentiment from Warmest Regards. Added a little piece of ivory organdy ribbon and there you have it! I am really pleased with it. This card is going to a friend, Dora Ann, who owns a little gift shop here in Lexington called Heartfelt Gifts (you have to check it out if you are in the Columbia, SC area). Her Mother passed away last week and I just wanted her to know that I was thinking about her in this difficult time.

No comments: