Saturday, April 7, 2007

Coaster Box

I have had these coasters for almost a month and couldn't decide what to do first. I have seen so many awesome things on Splitcoast, so last night I finally sat down and made this little box. Not bad for the first try, the only thing that made me crazy was putting it together! I could not for the life of me get the holes to line up, so they are a little off, but the ribbon kinda covers that up. First, I ran the Chocolate Chip ink pad along the edges of each coaster. Then, I coverd both sides of the coasters with the "Recollections" designer SU! paper using Mod Podge, one side with the flower design and the other with stripes. I punched holes in each coaster and tied them together with green organdy SU! ribbon. The bottom is tied together the same way. The "My Friend" sentiment is from Polka-Dot Posies stamped on Very Vanilla and double mounted on Cranberry Crisp and Chocolate Chip. I still think it needs something, but not sure what. I am always my own worst critic, so nothing ever looks finished to me. But then, I feel if I add something more, it will be too much, so best leave well enough alone, huh?
Last night, Dakota and I dyed Easter eggs. I almost bought the kind of dye that has sparkles, but read the directions and there was nooooo way that I was going to try that with a 7 year old! I already have enough glitter in my stamp area, don't need it all over my kitchen, too!!! Well, we stuck with the tried and true PAAS dye and they turned out great!!! Dakota was soooo proud of his Easter eggs!

No comments: