Monday, April 30, 2007

Anniversary Card

Tomorrow is my Mom and Dad's 42nd wedding anniversary, so I made this card for them. I don't have any stamps or even sentiments for anniversaries, so I used Office Accoutrement for the date thingy, I thought that it worked for an anniversary. I started with Chocolate Chip card base and added a layer of Tempting Turquoise stamped with Linen BG. The top right corner of the card base is folded over and I added a copper brad to hold it down. The date "thingy" was stamped and layered on a piece of Chocolate Chip punched with the Office Punch. I stamped the paragraph part with Chocolate Chip and then stamped over that with French Script in Tempting Turquoise. I added the flower stamped in Tempting Turquoise, layered with other flowers punched out, added a copper brad in the center and adhered with pop dots. I added the gold cord to the side and just tied in a knot. I am giving Mom and Dad a gift certificate to Gilligan's Seafood Restaurant, which is their favorite place to eat out. They have the BEST She crab Soup and their hush puppies are to DIE for!!!! Wish I was going!!!! :)

Dan is now in a regular room, but he is still being monitored for respiratory because he has a touch of pneumonia, but he is awake and alert and sitting up and talking. I really hope to bring him home in a few days. He said the funniest thing last night. We have kind of a running joke around my house, Dakota used to say "You're not the boss of me" when we told him to pick up his toys, ect. Well, the other day when Dan was not cooperating with the nurses and he was kind of fiesty, I told him that he needed to listen to what they said and that it was a direct order because I was the boss of him. Yesterday, after the breathing tube came out, but he was still wearing an oxygen mask, one of the nurses asked him who I was and he said "she's the boss of me!". They just about died laughing! I've got him trained good, I tell ya!! Thanks again for all the comments and prayers, it really does mean a lot! Have a great Tuesday!